So.
From one of my very first LJ friends,
1. Of the many books you've read, which one do you remember best (and/or think you could be called on to remember for a community)?
Damn. This is a really tough one, because I think I process a lot of books that are truly memorable in very emotional gestalt fashion, more than plotwise. When I reread an old favorite, sometimes I'm flabbergasted that I don't remember an entire plot thread at all...
That being said, though, the book I appreciate most is still Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. I could never reconstruct the exact plot for you, but it resonates for me on a certain level where I could certainly tell you what it's about, and I also understand why I know more people that have thrown it against a wall in disgust than have finished it.
2. In the moment you thought you were about to die, what were your thoughts?
There was one time that I came frighteningly close to being in a traffic accident that could have ended quite lethally. "Oh, well. I guess this is it," would have been my last words.
3. Where do you keep your regrets?
Unfortunately, way too close to the surface sometimes. Especially on matters of the heart, it takes me too long to get past the "should haves" and "could haves".
4. Which everyday rituals bring you comfort?
Cayce & I usually catch a little bit of time to chat in the evenings before bed. Bandit & I did so, too, while we were still together. One of the nice things about living in the future is that I can end a day with a bit of time with my long-distance lover.
I like to cook a good meal for myself. I've gotten good at cooking for one, and really enjoy the process of making myself something good and enjoyable. Typically, I'm out with friends on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. So Monday - Wednesdays are the nights that I make myself something that didn't come out of a box or a can.
5. When are you visiting New England again? We should totally hang out.
Ideally, I won't need to be out there for work for several months again... I suspect that this summer's vacation will likely be somewhere Carribean with Cayce, plus another week for PSG (since work swallowed my life for the past two of them). But, I still need to get myself out to the Undisclosed Location on a motorcycle, which could easily include a slight detour through your area? Or, keep your eyes open for interesting SF cons in that area, that could put me out there for a weekend.