Ice cream!

18 Nov. 20th, 2009 01:54 pm
corvid: (Lick the Ramekin)
[personal profile] corvid

So.

Found a little coffee shop that's a nice, 2-mile walk from my temporary Pawtucket home. For the Madisonians, imagine a smaller, brighter, airier Mother Fools - vegan friendly, more comfy chairs than tables. They make their own ice cream. The temperature here in RI is in the low 60s today, so I'm thinking that an ice cream cone to go is a fine idea.

Thing is, the selection is pretty damn nice. Funky varieties...

So, what do you think. White pepper ice cream, locally-grown quince ice cream, or a vegan coconut milk with a touch of chili?

Date: 2009-11-20 06:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ashleybrooke7.livejournal.com
So how long will you be there?

Date: 2009-11-20 07:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] suibhne-geilt.livejournal.com
Most likely through February. Are you home from your trip out?

Also - ice cream opinion! What say you, woman?

Date: 2009-11-20 07:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ashleybrooke7.livejournal.com
As far as ice cream goes, don't ask me. I'm soo lame when it comes to ice cream, I usually just go with vanilla. Although, I did recently discover ginger ice cream... omg.

And yes, I'm home. I have to head down to Worcester one of these weekends to get my new cell phone (my friend is a Verizon dealer there, he hooks me up), so perhaps we can get lunch or something afterward? It'd just be a quick drive from there to you. I don't have any concrete plans yet, so let me know if you're up for that.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] suibhne-geilt.livejournal.com
They also make vanilla ice cream, which I shouldn't sell short. Because a good vanilla is a highly underappreciated treat.

Also, I'd love to see you if you're down this way. I thought we'd already established that fact.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ashleybrooke7.livejournal.com
For sure :) I'll let you know when I'm heading down there. Things are a little crazy right now with finals coming up, but I also am in desperate need of a new cell phone haha

I'm looking forward to seeing you :)

Date: 2009-11-20 07:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eleven-eleven.livejournal.com
They both sound awesome, but if I had to pick - White pepper ice cream!

Date: 2009-11-20 07:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] suibhne-geilt.livejournal.com
I'm leaning towards the white pepper myself. I know that I love chili in ice cream already, and I've had fruit ice creams. But a white pepper ice cream? That's a novel thought.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:15 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bloodlossgirl.livejournal.com
Quince!

Also, the coffee shop looks awesome. Alas, Charleston has nothing like that. In fact, Nick and I are in agreement that Charleston sucks. We are targeting 2012 for achieving escape velocity.

I also recently discovered ginger ice cream. LOVE. Also, combine it with any kind of dark chocolate ice cream, and it is DOUBLE PLUS LOVE.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alibee.livejournal.com
I have a really awesome ginger ice cream recipe if you're ever interested in making your own! Nomnomnom

Date: 2009-11-20 08:15 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bloodlossgirl.livejournal.com
Sounds delicious! I usually leave the ice cream makin' and bakin' to the professionals - I can make a mean soup by now, but delicious sweet things still elude me.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] suibhne-geilt.livejournal.com
The coffee shop selection here in Pawtucket is pretty thin, sadly. I'm glad that I'm diggin this joint, because there's not much else.

They also make a vegan bittersweet sorbet, and make a float of that in ginger soda. Sounds like another must-try before I head home.

Date: 2009-11-20 08:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bloodlossgirl.livejournal.com
Vegan bittersweet sorbet in ginger soda - I'll be right over!

Oh, I should say - Charleston sucks generally and specifically but it does have some tasty things - the pizza place in our neighborhood - and the ice cream parlor downtown where I had Baracky Road ice cream, and the best pumpkin ice cream EVER.

All the coffee shops in town (all, like, 3) close early and have bad space for spending time.

There is, however, a crepe place run by Greeks on our side of the river, where the crepes are delicious, alas, the coffee not so much. So it's not great to spend lots of time there.

The ONLY place I can spend any time or get any work done is the Panera Bread Co chain south of Charleston or the cultural reference center library. The library, alas, has no tasties.

Date: 2009-11-20 07:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] demiraks-world.livejournal.com
Gah!! Impossible to choose!
Coconut and chili!

Date: 2009-11-20 07:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] assfingers.livejournal.com
pepper pepper pepper pepper!!!

Date: 2009-11-20 08:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] toppertje.livejournal.com
Coconut and chili for sure.

Date: 2009-11-20 08:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] theotherqpc.livejournal.com
white pepper ice cream
it's like a line drawing
it snipped my heart

Date: 2009-11-20 08:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] abmann.livejournal.com
ALL OF THEM! In the same cup!

Date: 2009-11-21 03:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] laureth.livejournal.com
Coconut! Coconut! Coconut!!!

Profile

corvid: (Default)
corvid

May 2017

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 03:53 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios